Tuesday 23 November 2010

Freezing cold on the boat

Well, I am down here now and am huddling up to the charcoal heater which is now going nicely though it did take some serious starting. I am going to have to work on my technique on that one.

There are a few plans for this week which I have down here in Kingswear. The main one is to get the Aries fitted and, to that end, I am off down to Falmouth tomorrow to pick up the parts we need to get it fitted.

Experimentation with the VHF suggests that it might well be the VHF cable rather than the box itself so we are likely to have to make a trip up the mast.

Looking ahead, I have got agreement from work to take an extended break next year so we will be off to Southern Spain or Gibraltar next August to October. This is great news but of course will require quite a lot of work done to get the boat ready for that.

No comments: