Tuesday 16 March 2010

Working on cockpit locker lid


I have finally got around to attacking the recalcitrant and rather rotten cockpit locker lid. After chiselling out all the old plywood. It made much more sense to do this than try and just let in a small bit. Last Saturday we went and bought a sheet of 9mm marine plywood and I managed to cut a bit to fit in the remains of the teak though one end of the edging had broken off. Now, I have had my first experience of using SP epoxy. The instructions are a bit intimidating but really, it is quite easy and I mixed up a bunch before stirring in some microfibers. It is now sitting on the floor with a couple of clamps holding it together and three batteries sitting on it to provide downward weight. Only time will tell but the picture below might amuse.

No comments: